1. In the selection stage of SKF bearings. Many factors need to be considered (for example: load, hardness, operating environment, etc.). A good SKF bearing design will first enable SKF bearings to reach their maximum life value.
2. Correct storage. SKF bearings should be stored in their original packaging before installation. Need to stay in a clean, moisture-free, relatively constant temperature environment. Rolling bearings should be kept away from dust, water and corrosive chemicals. Shake and vibration may permanently destroy the mechanical properties of SKF bearings, so vibration should be avoided during handling and storage.
Generally, SKF bearings should be stored horizontally. Some heavier SKF bearings will be deformed due to their own weight after being placed vertically for a long time!
Also, grease-coated (or sealed) SKF bearings need to be especially careful, because the density of the grease will change after a long period of storage. When SKF bearings are used for the first time, there will be a certain degree of rotating noise. Therefore, the shelving time of this type of INA imported bearings should be controlled according to the principle of first in, first out!
3. Clean. It is very important for rolling bearings. The rotating surface of the SKF bearing ring is very smooth and very sensitive to damage caused by contaminants. Particle impurities will be excessively crushed by the rolling elements and generate local pressure in the bearing, which will eventually lead to permanent material fatigue.
4. Fully equipped and then installed. SKF bearings should be carefully installed and removed using appropriate tools (you can refer to the SKF bearing removal series video). You should choose the right tool! Industry experts estimate that 16% of the premature failure of INA imported bearings is due to incorrect installation. Generally speaking, suitable INA imported bearing installation equipment will be adopted for mass installation.
But in the maintenance or replacement work, the environment is diverse! I suggest that you read the relevant drawings, maintenance manuals, and product manuals carefully. The components of SKF bearings should also be kept absolutely clean!
5. Install and disassemble carefully. I have talked about the installation of SKF bearings many times before (if you have similar problems, here are some articles on SKF bearing installation), once again briefly summarize:
a) do not apply installation force on the rolling elements, which can easily lead to local overloading of the contact surface of the rolling elements and the race, leading to premature failure of SKF bearings.
b) Do not use any hard tools (such as hammers, screwdrivers, etc., I have seen too many "hard" installations with these two tools, too strong) directly on the surface of the SKF bearing, which will cause the fracture of the SKF bearing ring or broken.
c) generally SKF bearings will not be removed from the equipment, only larger bearings will be removed for preventive maintenance. During the disassembly process, the correct tools should be used first to ensure that the adjacent parts are not damaged!
6. Correct and appropriate lubrication. Lubricant can isolate the surface of SKF bearing, thereby reducing friction, protecting metal parts and preventing pollution and impurities. There are a variety of greases available for different operating conditions.
Welcome to visit our website to buy SKF Bearing 6306-2Z.
SKF rolling bearing clearance refers to the amount of movement when the rolling bearing is not installed on the shaft or rolling bearing housing, the inner ring or outer ring is fixed, and the unfixed side is moved radially or axially. According to the direction of movement, it can be divided into radial clearance and axial clearance. The size of the clearance (called the working clearance) during operation has an impact on the rolling fatigue life, temperature rise, noise, vibration and other properties of the rolling bearing.
When measuring the clearance of a rolling bearing, in order to obtain a stable measurement value, a prescribed measurement load is generally applied to the rolling bearing. Therefore, the measured value obtained is larger than the real clearance (called the theoretical clearance), that is, the elastic deformation caused by the measured load is increased. But for rolling bearings, since the elastic deformation is small, it can be ignored.
The clearance after subtracting the expansion or contraction of the ferrule caused by the interference fit when the SKF rolling bearing is installed on the shaft or in the housing is called the "installation clearance" from the theoretical clearance. The clearance obtained by adding or subtracting the dimensional change due to the internal temperature difference of the rolling bearing to the installation clearance is called the "effective clearance". The rolling bearing is installed with a mechanical clearance when it is placed under a certain load, that is, the effective clearance plus the elastic deformation caused by the rolling bearing load so as to be called "working clearance".
When the working clearance is slightly negative, the fatigue life of the rolling bearing is the longest, but the fatigue life decreases significantly with the increase of the negative clearance. Therefore, when selecting the clearance of the rolling bearing, it is generally appropriate to make the working clearance zero or slightly positive. In addition, when the rigidity of the rolling bearing needs to be improved or the noise needs to be reduced, the working clearance should be further negative, and when the temperature of the rolling bearing rises sharply, the working clearance should be further positive, etc., and it must be analyzed according to the conditions of use. .