The main function of the bearing is to support the mechanical rotating body, ensure the working position and accuracy of the shaft and the transmission parts on the shaft, reduce friction and wear, and bear the load. In daily applications, the assembly of bearings generally requires professional operating instructions or experienced bearing engineers to carry out. Let's introduce common bearing assembly methods and skills.
Commonly used assembly methods for SKF bearings
1. Knock method: When the fit interference is small, the bearing can be knocked into the bearing with a hand hammer; the method is to place a copper rod or soft iron or sleeve on the inner or outer ring of the bearing and knock with a hand hammer The copper rod symmetrically installs the bearing evenly.
2. Top pressure method: When the fit interference is large, the bearing can be pressed into the bearing with a press, and the sleeve must be put on when pressing.
3. Temperature difference method: When the fit interference is large, the temperature difference method can be used to assemble, and the bearing temperature difference method is used to assemble. The hot assembly method is often used during maintenance. The heating method is electric heaters, oil bath heating, and electric The heater is widely used on site.Eric Bearing Limited has enough stock for SKF Bearing 6203-2Z,click here to buy it.
Methods of positioning and fixing the inner and outer rings of SKF bearings
a) Use the shaft retaining ring to be embedded in the shaft groove, mainly used when the axial force is not large and the speed is not high;
b) The shaft end retaining ring fixed with screws can be used to withstand large axial forces at high speeds. The screws should have anti-loosening measures;
c) Tighten with round nuts and stop washers, mainly used in the case of high speed and large axial force;
d) Use tapered sleeves for positioning, stop washers and round nuts for fastening, for bearings with tapered bores on the optical shaft.
e) Use elastic retaining ring to fasten the hole embedded in the shell groove, mainly used when the axial force is not large and the size of the bearing device needs to be reduced;
f) Fastened with bearing end caps, used for all kinds of centripetal, thrust and centripetal thrust bearings with high rotation speed and large axial force;
g) Use the elastic retaining ring for the shaft to be inserted into the stop groove of the outer ring of the bearing to fasten it, which is used when the housing is inconvenient to set up a shoulder;
h) Fastening with threaded ring is used when the bearing speed is high and the axial force is large, but it is not suitable for fastening with the bearing end cover.
SKF Bearing 6020-2RS1 online, click here for more information.
Axial fixing of the inner and outer rings of rolling bearings
In order to prevent the bearing from moving axially relative to the shaft or housing hole when bearing axial load, the bearing inner ring and shaft, outer ring and housing hole must be axially fixed. The common axial fixing methods of the inner and outer rings of rolling bearings are as follows :
1. Axial fixing method of bearing inner ring (name; characteristics and application)
a) Shaft shoulder: simple structure, small expansion size, can bear large axial load
b) Circlip: Axial fixation is achieved by the shoulder and the circlip
c) Shaft end baffle: Axial fixation is realized by the shaft shoulder and shaft end baffle. The pin and spring washer are anti-loosening measures, which is suitable for occasions where the shaft end is not suitable for thread cutting or space is restricted
d) Lock nut: Axial fixation is realized by the shaft shoulder and the lock nut, with a stop washer to prevent loosening, safe and reliable, suitable for high speed and heavy load
2. The axial fixing method of the outer ring of the bearing (name; characteristics and application)
a) End cover: The end cover can be a through hole to pass through the extended end of the shaft, which is suitable for high speed and large axial load 1 occasions
b) Screw gland: similar to the end cap type, but it is convenient to adjust the axial clearance of the bearing outside the box, and the nut is an anti-loosening measure
c) Threaded ring: It is convenient to adjust the axial clearance of the bearing, and it should be equipped with anti-loosening measures. It is suitable for occasions with high speed and large axial load.
d) Retaining ring: simple structure, easy disassembly and assembly, small axial size, suitable for occasions with low speed and low axial load. The adjusting ring between the retaining ring and the bearing can adjust the axial clearance of the bearing.
Eric Bearing Limited has enough stock of SKF, FAG, NSK and other brand Bearings. Our product quality is very good and the price is very competitive. Everyone is welcome to buy our products.